Sofia II is ready for her next adventure!Located in Coal Harbour she is on the door step to Howe Sound and sailing in English Bay, as well as ready to cross the straight to explore the Gulf Islands and beyond.
Sofia is a Beneteau First 47.7 with the standard rig and keel for easy access to marinas, bays and coves.
Built in 2000, she has here original electronics including chart plotter, radar, wind, depth and autopilot. Her standing rigging is in great shape and the majority of her running rigging as well. She has a full batten main with a Dutchman flaking system, and a 100% genoa on adjustable track cars. She also has an asymmetrical spinnaker in an ATN dousing sock.
6 x 6V golf cart batteries power the house loads of the boat, which include a fridge, separate freezer, propane oven and stove.
Built as an Owner’s Version she has the master forward with a private head and the guest in the port aft quarter. The galley is to stb with a garage / storage room in stb aft quarter, which could be converted to a small third stateroom.
- great sailing vessel
- oversized racing wheel
- excellent condition asymmetrical spinnaker
- starts and runs well
- huge cockpit for entertainment and sailing
- electric power winch for raising the main sail
- new canvas dodger / bimini / partial enclosure in 2018
- bottom paint in 2019
- new cutlass bearing in 2019
- new rudder bearing in 2019
The not so good:
- the electronics are original
- the radar and chart potter LCD backlights need to be repalced
- hull is due for a cut polish (cut polished in 2019 and comes back looking great
- the Ardic diesel system has not been tested (but all components are in place)
- select cosmetic wood repairs are needed on the companionway stairs and around the galley countertop
Sofia is currently berthed in Coal Harbour marina for May and June with the possibility to extend.
There is nothing stopping her getting out there and cruising this summer to get away from the city and start exploring the islands!
2015 | Canyon | Thunder Jet
1996 | Trophy | Bayliner
1979 | Albin | Scampi
2021 | LX 320 | Stryker
2011 | SS200 | Four Winns
2004 | 245 SB | Bayliner
1997 | VICTORIA 797 | Campion
1974 | 37 | Tollycraft
2020 | RIB 250 | Stryker
1991 | Victoria 215 | Campion